Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (“Takeda”) (TOKYO:4502/NYSE:TAK) today announced that it has filed its corporate governance report with the Tokyo Stock Exchange (“TSE”) in accordance with regulations* applicable to companies listed on the TSE. The report can be viewed on Takeda’s website at: https://www.takeda.com/who-we-are/corporate-governance/.
This report is prepared on the basis of the revised Corporate Governance Code in force on June 11, 2021. It describes the latest corporate governance features of our Company, including the new structure of the Board of Directors after the 146th Meeting. general meeting of shareholders held on June 29, 2022.
Takeda Corporate Governance report key points:
- Takeda aims for increased transparency and objectivity of the Board of Directors by maintaining the high ratio of composition of outside independent directors (4 inside directors and 11 outside independent directors) and having an outside independent director as chairman of the board meeting.
- The Board of Directors is composed of diverse members with varied backgrounds, experiences and knowledge (BOD Skill Matrix), to enable strategic discussions and effective oversight of the Company.
- The Audit and Oversight Committee and the Nominating/Remuneration Committees as advisory committees to the Board of Directors are composed entirely of independent outside directors, including each officer/chairman, in order to ensure the independence of each committee.
- Inside directors receive some level of delegation of authority from the board of directors, and Takeda’s management team, which is diverse in terms of experience, nationality, gender and age, provides agile and effective decision-making based on strategic discussions within the management committee meetings.
Takeda’s latest corporate governance report can be viewed on the disclosure site operated by the Japan Exchange Group, which includes the TSE and other stock exchanges in Japan at:
Takeda has also provided the English version of the Corporate Governance Report to the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC””, available at www.sec.gov.
In addition, Takeda’s corporate governance policy as well as global environmental, social and governance information is explained in detail in its 2022 Integrated Annual Report for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2022. This report can be accessed at Takeda website at: https://www.takeda.com/corporate-responsibility/reporting-on-sustainability/annual-integrated-report/
* TSE Securities Listing Regulations [Rule 419].
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to discovering and delivering life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet. . Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas: oncology, rare genetics and hematology, neurosciences and gastroenterology (GI). We also make targeted R&D investments in plasma-derived therapies and vaccines. We are focused on developing highly innovative medicines that help make a difference in people’s lives by pushing the frontier of new treatment options and leveraging our enhanced collaborative R&D engine and capabilities to create a robust pipeline and diversified in terms of modalities. Our employees are committed to improving the quality of life of patients and working with our healthcare partners in approximately 80 countries and regions. For more information, visit https://www.takeda.com.