Your place :
- Shell Health’s goal is to enable employees and our business to thrive through care. The world is changing rapidly and Shell Health must also evolve to keep up with the external environment and the needs of the new Shell organization in implementing the Powering Progress strategy.
- We enable business results by providing science-based healthcare expertise and services, building a sustainable culture of care at Shell, focused on helping people perform at their best.
- In collaboration with all companies, Shell Health offers quality services. By supporting staff and dependents to access quality healthcare in a timely manner, Shell Health is an essential partner in delivering our current operations and investments, while achieving our ambitions for growth and leadership in the country.
- Shell Health Nigeria implements and monitors improved local services by involving relevant stakeholders, governments, communities and non-governmental organizations.
What is the role ?
- You will coordinate and lead the Shell Health Nigeria commissioning team to ensure the development and delivery of agreed commissioning plans and objectives in an effective, efficient, economical manner, with good governance and in accordance with business objectives and Shell functional leadership objectives.
Your other responsibilities will include:
- Develop a culture that ensures that the voice of service users is heard and that the interests of patients and the Shell Company Nigeria (SCiN) community remain at the heart of discussions and decisions.
- Drive Shell Health Nigeria to commission the highest quality services to ensure the best possible outcomes for SCiN patients within their resource allocation, and maintain a constant focus on quality, integration and innovation.
- Shell Health is sensitive to the opinions of local people and promotes self-care and shared decision-making in all aspects of its business.
- Motivate the management team of Shell Health Nigeria and the wider team to always act in the best interests of the local people.
- Shell Health Nigeria (SHN), in the performance of its duties, acts to secure the health services provided in such a way as to promote Shell’s global business objectives, improve health and well-being, help people stay in good mental and physical health, to recover when they are ill and, when they cannot fully recover, to stay as well as possible until the end of their lives.
- Commit to continuously improving outcomes, tackling health inequities and obtaining the best value for money for the services that Shell Health Nigeria commissions in demonstration of good governance.
- Management of various health contracts.
- Establishes the 5-4-3-2-1 concept in the team, the strict prioritization of workload and the elimination of low value/transactional work.
- Establishes in the team, the culture of matrix organization of both vertical and horizontal interfaces.
What do we need from you?
- We are looking forward to hearing from people with preferably 10 years of medical experience after the fellowship, a minimum of 5 years in healthcare commissioning, quality assurance in healthcare.
Along with this, we hope to see the following on your resume:
- Primary medical degree and post-graduate fellowship in any clinical specialty
- Graduate degree in management or equivalent.
- Clinician with substantial experience in commissioning clinical services, health maintenance organization, laboratory services, etc.
- In-depth understanding of the healthcare industry, particularly Nigeria’s business environment.
- Good team player.
- Leadership and coaching experience with a clear business focus.
- Good interpersonal, collaborative and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate complex issues and data when material may be contradictory and drawn from multiple sources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creates an environment in which others feel empowered to deliver high performance through clarity of intentions, priorities and results.
- Demonstrates and establishes the learner mindset within the team, fostering inclusivity and psychological safety to identify opportunities for improvement and innovative and effective ways of working.
Click here to apply